Sunday, August 10, 2008

What's new this week -- Aug 10

Kyler started eating bread this week! This may not seem like a big deal, but he was pretty much just eating crackers which aren't terribly nutritious (I put cream cheese or peanut butter on the crackers to add some fat and protein). It all started when I let him feed the ducks and he just ate the pieces of bread. So I tried little pieces with peanut butter during lunch and he ate them ... hooray!!! Now, if it lasts, I'll feel like he is getting some whole grain and some substance to his meals besides just eating fruits and veggies and crackers.



Kinsey's new thing this week is to ask about other people's names. If someone talks to her while we are taking a walk, the grocery cashier ... as we are walking away she will say, "Mommy, what's her name?" I can get her to say "My name is Kiki," so if she remembers to ask while the person is still there, maybe she can have a little conversation. She also started pushing Kyler over occasionally when he is trying to take the toys she is playing with. Hmmmm. Kyler doesn't seem to care too much and it is better than her crying all of the time ... someday maybe they will play together.

We also discovered some of the blackberries are ripe while we were taking a walk. Both kids couldn't get enough. Kyler kept pointing and grunting for more and more and more. Then I let them have some bigger green apples that had fallen from a tree. By the time we got home, both had eaten quite a bit of the sour apples.


We went into Seattle to visit the Olympic Sculpture Park this Saturday. Since it is right on the waterfront there was a lot of action going on ... trains, planes, sailboats, parachutes being pulled behind boats, dogs, bikes, wedding pictures, and some sort of urban adventure contest part of which involved people trying to fill a bucket with water using a bowl attached to their head. A very enjoyable few hours. I haven't downloaded the pictures yet, but will add them later.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Ky is so cute with his pink bib!