I don't know if it is normal or not, but Kyler already seems to have selective hearing. As I've mentioned before, he can hear an airplane going overhead and gets excited (so I know there is nothing wrong with his ears), but when I'm trying to get his attention he seems to ignore me -- he doesn't even look at me. It could be because it is usually, "Kyler stop getting into that closet, Kyler don't climb on that, Kyler don't stand in the bathtub, Kyler stop pulling your sister's hair." I guess Kinsey has always been pretty obedient and seems to listen to what you say, that I'm not sure what's up with the boy. I told Kinsey to avoid stepping on some duck poop on the sidewalk and she wouldn't touch it; not to say that she wasn't then fascinated by it, but she wouldn't touch it. I don't think Kyler would have paid any attention to that little distraction on the path to where he was heading.
He is pretty persistent too. He was attracted to a balloon on someone's stroller at a play area and I had to try to block him from getting at it by physically putting myself between them and move back and forth as he tried to get at it. And he would have continued trying to go around or through me so I moved him to a different part of the play area. Luckily it is still relatively easy to interest him in other things when really necessary, and he doesn't complain when re-directed.
He is pretty persistent too. He was attracted to a balloon on someone's stroller at a play area and I had to try to block him from getting at it by physically putting myself between them and move back and forth as he tried to get at it. And he would have continued trying to go around or through me so I moved him to a different part of the play area. Luckily it is still relatively easy to interest him in other things when really necessary, and he doesn't complain when re-directed.
No comments:
Post a Comment