Kyler will play peek-a-boo with me while I change his diaper. This works well because then he is trying to cover his eyes (he's not so good at it yet) instead of reaching for the blinds, turning over, or trying to grab a dirty butt. I should have thought of this trick months ago instead of trying to hold him down with one hand while trying to do business with the other. He is walking very well, and trying to climb on things. He's not very good at getting off of things, but at least he doesn't cry when he plops down because of a misstep.
This week I caught Kinsey reading a few of her books. I think I was finishing giving Kyler breakfast and she was sitting on the couch looking through her book about Dora's mommy having a baby. She turned the pages and told the story quite accurately. Then she did it with the next book. I was astonished. We read the same books over and over quite often (of course) but she usually doesn't finish sentences, so I've been waiting for her to do something like that.
This week we also went to a birthday party for Megan's twins who turned one. Kinsey was very excited and after a few minutes being there was off running around, playing, talking, having fun. Kyler was pretty nervous about being away from me so I had to hold a warm body in the heat most of the time. He must be going through some of that separation-from-mom-anxiety. (I remember when Kinsey was like that and I thought it would never end and I'd never be able to leave her some place without so much crying, but she's pretty good now, so I have hope). Kinsey got to hit a pinata for the first time ... I'm sure she wasn't sure why she had to hit the cute paper girl, but loved collecting the stickers and candy afterwards. By the end of the party, well when we had to get going, I could barely tear Kinsey away. She was on the porch chatting away with some of the adults. She is a little social butterfly (I don't know what she is like compared to other little girls her age, but she is so different from a year ago ...)
No comments:
Post a Comment