Friday, August 8, 2008

Potty training

A few weeks ago Kinsey said out of the blue that she wanted to use the potty. I tried sitting her on the toilet and she didn't freak out like before, so I got everything ready for potty training: treats, a chart, big reward (a doll), the little potty. For one day she was excited and wanted to sit on the potty constantly (especially when I was trying to fix dinner). She'd sit there a while, check the results (negative), decide she was done, get her hands washed, then decided she wanted to try again, repeat everything again. She managed to have one success and was so excited.

But after that day every time I asked her she said no, she didn't want to sit on the potty, no she didn't have to go, so nothing much has happened since then. I guess the doll sitting on the piano isn't much of a draw, and the jar of treats isn't either (although I've seen Dad sneak her a treat every once in a while anyway). So it's all on hold for now, although I try to mention it and talk about it everyday to see if she's interested.

1 comment:

Megan said...

Hahaha... It's funny how kids work.