Seems like we're getting back into the getting sick season. Both kids started off the week not feeling good. I took Ky to the doctor and sure enough he has an ear infection again. He was being extremely clingy which is a sign that something is up. So the medicine tasted terrible (apparently), so he basically just would fight and spit it out all over me, so this week we have been trying to get him better by changing medicines, and lots of naps. Kind of. Still a lot of screaming, crying, grouchiness, combined with perfectly happy normal behavior. Kinsey keeps saying that she doesn't feel good, but it is hard to tell if she is sad or sick or tooooooo tired.
Kyler is starting to imitate things I show him much more often now. He can throw a ball pretty hard. I gave him some bowls and spoons to play with when I was trying to make dinner one day and he stirred and mixed and poured imaginary food for quite a while. Kinsey had to play too, so they stayed happy for almost long enough to finish my cooking.
Kinsey learned the letter O because Dad taught her that Costco has two of them. So she has recognized it many other places and she says "That's an o, like Costco." I tried to convince her that it was O as in octopus or something like that, but no it is O as in Costco. She notices it on detour signs, the grocery store sign, her books, cereal boxes, etc. We'll see if we can add some other letters soon.
Kinsey is finally excited about pooping in the potty instead of her underwear, or asking for a diaper. Thank goodness ... I was getting tired of the mess and changes.
We've had some sunny days this week so we've gone outside for walks. I noticed Kinsey kept tugging on her pants and realized that they were a pair that is too big around the waist without diapers. Well, what could I do since we were already out walking around seeing the ducks. I was helping Kyler not fall down and when I turned around Kinsey had pulled her pants and underwear down to the ground. Yikes. A little chilly for exposing yourself to the world.
Kinsey bought some soap at the farmer's market last Saturday. It is a small pink soap shaped like a flower. It is a special treat for washing her hands since learning to use the big-girl potty. She has been so enamored of the soap that she compares everything to its color. "Look mommy, my shirt matches my soap." "This ice cream matches my soap." etc.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment