Sunday, September 7, 2008

What's new this week -- Sept 7

This week went by pretty quickly. Kinsey has been loving her dad (which also means that she wont let me do anything for her ... she wants to do everything with him); Kyler has been a bit grouchy (he may have a little bit of a cold that is making him unhappy); and there has been a little more kid fighting then usual. Especially when Kyler thinks he's being sneaky and takes an unattended Dega; he has a little smile on his face like he knows exactly what he is doing. Then he is practically running so that he can make a great escape, and doesn't mind wrestling Kinsey when she jumps him.


Kyler still doesn't say anything ... well, I don't know if I can count "Ma-ma-ma" since it seems to mean mom or more or give me that and he said "up," but again, not quite sure of the context ... but when I give him something he makes a noise that has the exact inflection of "thank you." So I pretend that he is super polite and say "you're welcome" back to him.


This week we went to the zoo on Saturday. Kinsey's favorite animal this time was the giraffe because we saw them getting fed. Kinsey also helped Dad wash the cars. She got wet.


I recently found a nice assortment of beads at the thrift store, so Kinsey and I have been putting them on strings. Kinsey has made several hangy things to put in the window. I got her to follow a pattern for a little while by telling her what color to put on next, but it didn't last for the whole string. She's having fun with it, and we get some colorful things to hang in the sunlight.

We went for a walk one day to pick some blackberries on the path behind our house. There weren't very many and they were rather small and out of reach, so I suggested walking up the road by the cows to get some because there were tons more. Kinsey was excited by that, but quick to point out that the cows are stinky, because they "need to change their diapers," of course.

On Sunday Kinsey decided to try using her potty again. She had no accidents, and three successes, so it was a pretty good day for her. Then she had a fit when she had to wear her diaper to go to bed instead of just underwear. We'll see what next week brings on this front.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: