Thursday, September 25, 2008

Quality time and naps

Kyler is generally taking two naps a day still. For a short while back when he turned 1 he would take a nap in the afternoon at the same time as Kinsey and that's it, but he quickly went back to two naps a day which is great for everyone. He is less tired, and I try to spend time with just Kinsey in the morning while he is asleep. (well, some days of course I need to get other stuff done or take a shower so Kinsey does things by herself) We read, play with dolls, or make crafts or something that Kyler can't do yet. Then sometime after lunch Kinsey starts her nap and I have a little bit of time to play just with Kyler. He brings me books or toys, and is somewhat hard to interact with since he's only 1 and wont sit still, but sometimes we have a nice time together stacking things or sitting on the porch. He usually ends up taking some hard toy and banging on the kids bedroom door where Kinsey is sleeping and when he can't be deterred from such behavior, it's time for him to take a nap too. Then mom get at least an hour to do things for herself, if all goes well.

This is my plan anyway for the three of us to get quality time with me (yes, I really need quality time with myself ... all moms should have that right). I think it is valuable, and oh so hard to do sometimes.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: