Kinsey has entered the stage of wanting to wear a dress all of the time -- Ok it isn't actually every day, but I think I'm going to have to beef up my supply of play dresses.
Kyler just recently started saying Kinsey instead of KiKi. And he can now say Green! with the rrrrr sound. And water.
He also now wants to say his own personal prayers (he'll pray with help for family prayers) because he figured out that he can pray for the diggers and dump-trucks.
Kyler decided at some point a few weeks ago to use the big boy potty. He used it quite a few times, but didn't really have a dry diaper in between so since I wasn't ready to sit in the bathroom for hours a day with him (well, it would seem like hours), he eventually got banned from the bathroom. This was mostly because he took advantage of his new ability to go in the bathroom by sneaking in and running the water, dumping out all of the barrettes, and finally dunking his puppy in the toilet and then dragging him along the hallway. Maybe if he was a little more obedient this would have worked better. I think we're just not quite ready.
Kinsey and Kyler can hold a conversation. OK, as well as kids can! In fact just the other night they both woke up at 2:30 in the morning and instead of crying decided to talk about stuff.
The most significant think in our lives recently has been lack of sleep. Both kids have been waking up 1-3 times each per night and so I haven't been getting more than a couple of hours straight of sleep. Ahhhh ... it is torture. Luckily they usually just get a drink and then go back to bed. I thought we'd be over the sleepless nights (which reminds me why I don't want to have an infant around here again) -- I think it is just teething and most recently, colds. Hopefully a few months of this problem has been enough and everyone will be able to get some sleep again.
We've also had lots of napping issues (I'm giving up trying at this point), eating issues (kids who will fight lunch and dinner because they "aren't hungry" and then eating like a starving child when you force them to eat), and one kid wanting to go out while the other one wants to stay home no matter where we are going (can you guess which is which?). As well as more than occasional fighting about toys and the destruction thereof, wailing when he doesn't get what he wants, wailing when another child like his sister touches any truck or train and that sister purposely wanting to play only with the toy that is causing the wailing (and of course loosing interest when he doesn't want it anymore). Yikes ... I hope things get easier someday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment