The thing I hear most around the house recently is "Where are you, Mommy?" Kyler has to know where I am constantly. So much for any privacy. He has also been very clingy for the last few weeks. Maybe he is finally getting some more teeth. It seems to be a long process for him. Not to mention they are both driving me crazy by waking up several times apiece each night. Hopefully it wont be many more years before I'll get a good sleep or privacy in the bathroom :)
Kinsey started Preschool at the end of last month. We are doing a "co-op" preschool with several other mothers in the ward/area. Kinsey is the youngest, and occasionally that seems obvious, but she is also loving it. Now she wants to make all kinds of new friends, and she is also inviting everyone over to play ... including her nursery teacher, and the lady at the grocery store play area.
Kyler has become a movie junkie ... I wouldn't have thought, but he wants to watch Bob the Builder all of the time. This may be because I make him watch it when I take a shower, and often when he should be taking a nap so that I can get some time to myself.
All summer long Kyler would wear his socks ... even on the most painfully hot days he wanted them on. Now that the weather is much cooler, he takes them off at any opportunity. And with the colder weather Kinsey only wanted to wear shorts and skirts until I put away all of the summer clothes. That hasn't deterred her because every day she strips down to underwear so she can dress up in a short dress-up clothes dress and run around in her fairy wings. (It must be the age because the couple of times I've helped so far at preschool, the moment that the teacher says it is play time, all of the little girls rush to the princess clothes and Kinsey pulls off her clothes in record time. Most of the conflicts involve who gets what dress. Yikes!)
Both of my children are afraid of things. Kyler has started saying "something scary" and Kinsey will kind of inspire him by explaining to him why something is scary. Luckily it doesn't seem to be terror ... although I'm shielding them from some of the Halloween decorations around.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment