Sunday, August 9, 2009

What's new this week -- Aug 9

When Kyler wants something he says, "Water me" or "Train me." He is talking very well, although I still wonder if other people can understand him much. We are still struggling with naps, but he has been a little less ornery this week.

Kinsey looks in the barrette drawer several times a day and chooses two or three or more and puts them randomly in her hair. Colorful indeed. She also likes to pretend to put bows in her hair, braid it, or put on a bracelet before we go out.

We started occasionally walking to the park down the street instead of taking the stroller to get some exercise . Hopefully it wears the kids out, but they make it there and back mostly without problem. The other day on the way home Kyler started saying he had dog poop on his sweatshirt. I'm not sure what prompted that, but Kinsey thought it was so funny, so she would say "doggy poop," they both would laugh uproariously, they Kyler would say, "doggy poop," laughter, then to Kinsey ... repeat over and over and over. They've actually done this several times where they pick up something annoying (to me) and gang up on me with it til I can't stand the juvenile-ness. Ok, well, I can, but I hope it is just have kid fun, and not ganging up on mom.

It has been hot still, but much more bearable, then it cooled way down. Thank goodness. We are getting raised garden beds put into our backyard by the young men this week. They needed to earn money for camp, and we must have been the only people in the ward with a bunch of work to do, so instead of waiting, we got my garden going. And speaking of gardens, we got our first cucumber from our garden. We've been harvesting basil also, but the cucumber is the first thing we've gotten. Hopefully we'll get some other things soon, but considering we didn't get to plant much, I'm thrilled.

No comments: