Sunday, August 30, 2009

What's new this week -- Aug 30

This Saturday we went on an outing with the McNays, well many of them anyway. We rode the ferry to Whidbey Island, went to Fort Casey for picnic and exploring, then back on the ferry. It was a fun day. Kinsey went and climbed on all kinds of things with Avalon and others and was pretty independent. I'm so pleased with her because she enjoyed being with the others and climbed on stuff and got to explore -- she had a great time. Unfortunately, she missed the beach part because just as soon as we walked down there she had to go to the bathroom (and wouldn't go in the bushes though I suggested it), so we had to hike on back and by the time we got back, everyone was done. Sigh. Kyler had fun for a while, then since he wouldn't go far from my side, he started getting bored and ornery. So we went to see the lighthouse with Angela and Uncle Glen, which he liked for a while. Then he got bored and ornery again. I need to do something about that kid so I don't go crazy with him. They loved the ferry (although again, we didn't see much besides the bathroom on the trip over, and I didn't want to release them from the car seats on the way back). It was a fun day. I think we all got a little sunburned ... one last hurrah for summer maybe!

We also went to the waterfront and Pike's Place Market in Seattle this week. It was a quick trip since we were dropping someone off and picking him up a few hours later. But it a good amount of time for us. We saw a bunch of colorful stuff, ate some fresh donuts, bought some beautiful flowers, saw lots of boats and then came back.

No comments: