Sunday, June 7, 2009

What's new this week -- June 7

It has been hot here ... hard to handle after an apartment that never got direct sun. Kinsey and Kyler are now used to going barefoot everywhere and wearing shorts, but I need some help with my summer wardrobe. We also got a sprinkler to play with in the backyard and have had a few water "fights" with mostly no crying.

On Thursday we went to North Bend to visit Celia and Grandma Lamb; Avalon came to visit too, so Kinsey was absolutely thrilled. Celia is a wonderful Grandma ... she had all kinds of little things to entertain the kids (and that means I actually got to talk to my Grandma for a little bit without being totally distracted!). They especially liked putting pieces of soap out into the yard to ward off the deer. Kinsey talked about it all day afterwards and I think she was disappointed to NOT see any deer. Kyler warmed up to everyone as soon as Celia got out the dump truck and digger. It was a great morning/afternoon, except for the hot, long car drive. Did I mention how hot it has been here!

We also were able to get together with friends this week ... Megan came over one morning to play and she met us for story time at the library another day. And Aunt Jana and family came over for dinner on Sunday. Kinsey and Kyler both started screaming "Drea, Benjamin ..." over and over. They really love their cousins.

Kyler surprised me this week by singing the ABCs. Surprisingly well. Kinsey has also been spending lots of time talking about her imaginary friends. I'm wondering how normal this is.

No comments: