Kinsey and Kyler got to spend a lot of time with Dad this weekend. I don't know what they did, but I liked the time alone. We also went to my visiting teacher's house one day this week and the kids got to play in her great yard while we talked. Kinsey was disappointed that I stayed. They also got to plant some radish seeds, so we are waiting for them to start growing. Kinsey thought it would happen as soon as we watered them. I noticed that a few of them have sprouted so I'll have to show her tomorrow.
Kinsey wants to be more independent recently (and sometimes driving me crazy in the process). She doesn't want to hold hands when walking, wants to sing songs alone, and wants to do nearly everything by herself. She has gone through this a few times before, so I guess it is just normal. She also has gone back to eating very slowly (although she is mostly feeding herself thank goodness). Usually it is because she is talking. Eventually I get tired of a half hour breakfast when I've not only finished eating, but have done the dishes from the day before, and have to set a timer so she'll eat. Or I'll tell her she can only get something like a gummy vitamin if she finishes eating. Then she is done in two minutes. Amazing.
Kyler likes to carry things around where ever he goes. This is a slight problem because I don't want him carrying toys outside the house where he can loose them, and it can make it difficult to climb things one handed. But I can convince him to leave his toys inside by telling him he can pick up a rock outside. He loves to collect rocks. He has started giggling too.
Kinsey likes to pray. For the last few months, she wouldn't let anyone else pray for dinner or family prayer before bed. Now she classifies prayers as little or long. She prefers to give long prayers. She always prays for her aunt Norma and to buy a puppy among other things. One evening this week Dad actually got to say the family prayer and as he paused, Kinsey would "help" him like we sometimes help her by filling in words -- so he wouldn't forget the important things to pray for. She was so pleased with herself, and it was so funny that I nearly laughed. She has also started saying her own personal prayer before she goes to sleep. Kyler on the other hand ... I feel lucky if he somewhat sits still during prayer.
No comments:
Post a Comment