Sunday, November 23, 2008

What's new this week -- November 23

Kinsey has started asking "Why?" to everything. When we're reading a book, when I ask her to do something, when I point out something interesting to her. I thought this came when kids were older. Guess not as it seems to be pretty consistent with her.

Kyler started saying "ear" and pointing to his ears out of the blue. I showed him my ears too, so he points to his, then grabs mine too. I'm thrilled that he is starting to do things like this because before I could only get him to identify his nose and he mostly did that because he remembered that he could stick his fingers up his nose.

Kyler got his first haircut today. Dan held him down and I used the scissors. He cried like I was hurting him, and I didn't finish it up very well. In fact it looks pretty bad. He looks like a monk with a bowl-cut. At least his hair isn't in his eyes, and it is shorter in the back. His hair is too fine and silky that I really don't know what to do with it, not to mention that I have very little experience cutting hair. Good thing he's too young to care.

No comments: